Attending different events such as Kilikiti, Touch or Volleyball tournaments is a key priority for many people and families over the summer period.
Here’s how you can help with ensuring our communities, and travellers to our region, stay safe from COVID-19.
Key COVID-19 tips for running your event
- Please encourage all participants at your event to be ‘COVID conscious.’
- Ensure QR codes are visible and located in multiple places in your venue/at your event. If you are hosting a large-scale event you might need to have separate QR codes within different ‘zones.’ Printing QR code posters is easy and it can be done here.
- Have plentiful hand washing and hand sanitising facilities/stations available. This may need to be in addition to your bathroom facilities.
- Have a regular cleaning schedule – especially for ‘high touch’ objects and surfaces which will be touched or used by many people such as handles and bathroom facilities.
- Be aware of the Covid alert level in the lead up to and during your event. You may need to scale back your event or impose additional guidelines and restrictions to keep your participants safe.
- Ensure you communicate in the lead up to your event what’s required of participants e.g. communications beforehand outlining contact tracing requirements, encourage participants to not attend if they are feeling unwell and to call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
- Use the Unite Against COVID-19 Events Checklist when planning your event.